Monday, May 7, 2012

Would I? (Junior Seau)

Been thinking a lot about Junior Seau. It surprised me to hear he killed himself last week. It's always hard to hear someone is dead but when I don't know the person it normally does not bother me as much as his death has. I guess I had a high opinion of #55 and thought better of him. I thought he was a Christian and don't know any different, but suicide always makes me think people aren't Christian. Only God knows where Junior is now, I know God's love is bigger than my thoughts and hope he is in heaven.

The night Junior died my wife showed me a you tube video of Jonah by a young girl. When she talked about Jonah's excuses for not wanting to preach to the people of Nineveh I thought about Junior Seau and the question that came to mind was, "If God called me to go and talk with Junior Seau about Jesus last week, would I?" the answer in my mind was no and the reason was because in my mind he didn't need it. Not he didn't need Jesus but he didn't me to go talk to him about Jesus.

There is so much I don't know about the details of his death and I wonder how much physical pain he might have been in, I have felt pain that I didn't want to live with and that was from a bad headache, with all of the hits he took I can only imagine his pain.

My point is not that I think I know what Junior was going through or that I think I could have helped him. My point is how many people do I come in contact with and then feel they don't need any help. "They are fine." "They seem to have it all together." "They always seem happy" "I think they know the Lord?" My prayer is that God would show me how to know when others need help and how to let others know I need help. Any insights?

No comments:

Post a Comment